Area : National/Remote
Description : Our client is one of the largest tool and equipment retailers in the country. They are seeking a Senior Manager, Group Strategy to assist the Executive Vice President and Department senior leadership in the research, development, planning, and integration of future strategic initiatives and programs driving continued growth and success within the company. This role will assist in identifying long-term opportunities to drive the department's goals as well as partner with peers and leaders across the business to identify, develop, and implement large cross-functional strategic, operational, and financial initiatives.
This is a remote position and the candidate can be located anywhere in the country.
- Serve as an internal consultant for key business leaders in vetting strategic ideas by providing analytical, problem-solving, and strategic frameworks
- Manage initiatives across a wide range of areas, including projects such as (i) deep dives into specific business areas, (ii) expansion opportunities, and (iii) external vendor assessment and management
- Identify whitespace growth opportunities and develop plans for executive initiatives, including new business opportunities, new consumer segments, and new markets
- Facilitate the development and maintain a documented multi-year strategy roadmap for the Group/Departments within their scope and continually revisit and refine
- Anticipate future business changes and challenges and proactively develop and implement new or revised plans
- Execute ad hoc projects and/or discrete analyses; present findings and recommendations to senior management as requested
- Facilitate and drive large initiatives related to business case modeling including but not limited to break-even analyses, margin analyses, and forecasting.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices, assessing and communicating their potential impact on the business
- Bachelor of Science Degree from a top-tier university
- An MBA or equivalent with a relevant level of professional experience
- 5 – 7+ years of prior work experience
- Prior management consulting, investment banking, and/or Retail experience preferred
- Strong understanding of strategic frameworks, problem-solving and analytical skills, including advanced modeling; comfortable working with ambiguity
- Ability to effectively build relationships with internal partners, peers, and leadership
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to story tell with data sets. Comfortable and adept at making the complex simple
Published : Nov 9, 2022
You must Log in in order to apply for a job.
You can register an account in just a few minutes.