|Feb 13||Senior Analyst (Corporate Strategy) for a Large Retailer||Calabasas||Hot|
Our client is a one of the largest tool and equipment retailers in the country. They are seeking a Senior Analyst - level team member to work within the finance group on various corporate strategy and finance initiatives. This position will work closely with the CFO and the senior Finance team to address key issues across pricing, growth, competition, operations, and a variety of other cross-departmental areas.
|Feb 7||Principal for an Elite Management Consultancy||Los Angeles, CA||Warm|
Our client is a management consultancy that helps clients solve complex, strategic, cultural, and leadership challenges. They have led breakthrough engagements at many of the world's top companies. They approach their work through a systems-view that intentionally connects human dynamics to issues of strategy, organization, and process.
|Feb 7||Staff Accountant for a CPA Firm||Pacific Palisades, CA||Hot|
Our client is a full-service public accounting firm located on the westside of Los Angeles. This firm was founded over 60 years ago and they pride themselves on their quality, personalized, professional services. They work with various industries including real estate, law firms, marketing firms, technology, non-profit and more.
|Feb 2||Senior Manager (Corporate Strategy) for a Large Retailer||Calabasas||Hot|
Our client is a one of the largest tool and equipment retailers in the country. They are seeking a Senior Manager- level team member to work on various corporate strategy initiatives. This position will work to address key issues across pricing, growth, competition, operations, and a variety of other cross-departmental areas.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong analytical skillset and a background within a top-tier management consultancy and/or investment bank. This is a full-time role within a results-focused company that will allow for improved work/life balance over the traditional management consulting or i-banking path.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Using data and analytics to answer key strategic questions across the company
- Conducting and leading internal research efforts to understand various issues within departments ranging from retail operations, distribution, finance, marketing, and more
- Maximizing growth and/or cost-saving opportunities through thoughtful analysis and clear communication to a variety of internal stakeholders
- Proactively identifying opportunities to create value
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree; MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of experience, at least some of which was within an i-bank or management consulting firm
- Experience with retail clients and/or in a similar function within a large retailer a major plus
- Best-in-class advanced excel skills
- Scrappiness, thoughtfulness, and creative problem-solving skills - Ability to collaborate with a high-impact team
- Strong written and oral communication skills within an ability to persuade
- Attention to detail
- Proven track record within a fast-paced and high-growth team
|Jan 29||Manager of Marketing Strategy & Analytics for a Large Retailer||Calabasas, California||Hot||Our client is one of the largest tool and equipment retailers in the country. They are seeking a Manager of Marketing Strategy and Analytics to review data, develop new analytics, look for insights and deliver recommendations on how to continually improve our marketing campaigns. The Manager will play an integral role on the marketing team and influence marketing efforts.|
- Review and analyze all marketing efforts to identify successful elements and work to continuously improve ad performance
- Develop insights and help formulate strategic direction of all marketing efforts
- Identify customer trends and recommend data-driven responses to help guide strategy and decision making
- Assist in the creation of presentation materials to communicate key learnings and
recommendations to senior level executives clearly and concisely
- Manage, track and analyze all marketing related test campaigns and initiatives
- Assist in the design and execution of key test which will drive the development of insights
- Assist with the execution of ad hoc strategic marketing projects as assigned
- Build, develop and grow business relationships across the organization vital to the success of our projects
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor's degree, required
- 3+ years of working with financial and/or marketing data and performing analyses and/or modeling or 2+ years at a top tier investment banking or consulting firm
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other data reporting tools
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail and a high aptitude for problem-solving
- Proficiency with standard business and database software (e.g. MS Access, Oracle, SQL) and experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. COGNOS, TM1, DOMO, Tableau)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
|Jan 29||Audit Manager for a Leading Accounting Firm||Los Angeles, California||Hot||Our client is a leading accounting and management consulting firm headquartered in Los Angeles. They are seeking a Mandarin-speaking Manager to act as a liaison between the Partner, clients and professional staff. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking to work for a large company with a high growth trajectory. This role will require travel to India or China. |
- Manage multiple audit and accounting projects
- Maintain relationships with clients
- Plan, schedule and staff engagements using Firm policies and procedures
- Supervise staff and provide on-the- job training; review work papers and reports prepared by staff
- Ensure that financial statements, reviews, and other documents or deliverables are prepared in accordance with Firm standards
- Promote the efficient operations support compliance guidelines in managing others
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested by the Partners
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field, required
- Master’s degree in accounting, preferred
- 5-7 years experience in public accounting, 1-2 years experience in a management position
- 40+ hours continuing professional education, required each year
- A current and valid CPA license, required
- Mandarin speaker, required
- Proficient in use of computers, computer accounting software, and audit software programs
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner
|Jan 26||Credit Analyst/Senior Credit Analyst for a Capital Lender||San Diego , California||Hot||Our client is a capital lender, offering business loans to serve the unique financial needs of businesses throughout the United States. They have funded over $120 million have done business with companies of all sizes and across many industries. They are a private, family-owned business seeking a Credit Analyst as well as a Senior Analyst to add to their team. The analysts will be responsible for assessing the financial condition of small business loan applicants and approving or declining loans. These are extremely fast-paced roles that will involve decision making authority and leadership within a growing company. |
- Review financial statements and analyze business bank statements to determine credit worthiness of small businesses
- Size and structure loans for approved clients
- Complete credit memos for approved loans
- Conduct ad-hoc research on businesses to protect against fraud
- Interview potential clients in order to further assess ability to repay
- Decline loan applications that do not meet the minimum criteria
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, or a similar discipline
- Minimum 1 year of experience underwriting and analyzing small business loan applications
- 2-3 years in the industry, preferred
- A strong grasp of GAAP accounting principles and ability to dissect financial statements and bank statements
- Knowledgeable about the small business lending landscape
- Well-developed organizational, communication, and time-management skills
- Adept in Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, and ability to quickly pick up new programs and CRM systems
- Strong critical thinking, mathematical, and analytical skills
- Ability to make complex decisions under pressure in a fast-paced environment
|Jan 18||Associate for a Real Estate Development and Investment Firm||Los Angeles, California||Hot||Our client is a full-service real estate development and investment firm with operations in California, Colorado, Hawaii and Mexico. They specialize in residential and resort communities located in world-class destinations. They are seeking an Associate to perform financial analysis, support new investments and meet portfolio management needs.|
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for underwriting new investments and financings
- Research geographically diverse housing markets
- Analyze land acquisition research to determine prospective lucrative markets
- Prepare and present materials to investors and lenders
- Review documentation and coordinate closings of contracts
- Ad hoc modeling and analysis for portfolio management
- Assist in overseeing development progress of an existing portfolio of projects in major leisure markets
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned, including production of marketing materials and investor reporting
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a finance-related field (accounting, finance, economics, real estate), required
- MBA degree, a plus
-1-3 years+ experience in a related field preferred (i.e., finance, investment banking lending, credit analysis, real estate development, etc.)
- Background in real estate development, investment or homebuilding industry, highly desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Advanced cash flow modeling skills
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment as well as independently
|Jan 11||Executive Assistant to the Founder of a Boutique Consulting Firm||Los Angeles, California||Warm||Our client is a small boutique management consulting firm focused on driving behavior change and transformation for Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies. Their behavior engineering approach has adeptly taken numerous executive teams from dysfunctional to phenomenal, yielding desired business outcomes such as gains in product/service quality, customer loyalty, revenue growth and profit, and ultimately, shareholder value. They are seeking a full-time work-from-home Executive Assistant to support the founder of the company who co-leads business development, marketing, and speaking engagements with our CEO.|
- Handle administrative and support functions for the founder, including email management, expense reporting, and calendar management.
- Collaborate with the business development team to schedule current and prospective client calls and meetings on behalf of the founder.
- Collaborate with the CEO and consulting team to schedule client engagements, interviews, and related calls on behalf of the founder.
- Collaborate with the speaking manager regarding event/speech scheduling on behalf of the founder.
- Collaborate with the travel coordinator to schedule founder’s travel around client engagements, speeches, business development events and meetings
- Be able to interface professionally with prospective and current clients verbally by phone and by email.
- Provide ad hoc quality control and editing support across a variety of marketing documents, client proposals and deliverables in support of the consulting and marketing teams.
- Manager internal communication between founder and teams to assure clarity around internal and external
- Support the Founder in a variety of special projects and ongoing needs professional and personally.
- Flexible work schedule from home but most be available early morning and/or in the evenings as and when needed depending on Founder’s schedule and travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2 years’ minimum experience in a similar role required
- Preferably based in Los Angeles but not required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to a high degree on a daily basis
- Autonomously manage own time efficiently against to-do list
- Ability to work self-sufficiently as part of a support team in a fast paced environment, be called upon to complete any number of diverse tasks, and learn quickly.
- Resourcefulness required!
- Salesforce experience preferred
|Jan 9||Director/VP of Marketing for a Cannabis Accessory Distributor||Los Angeles, California||Hot||Our client is the leading ecommerce platform for marijuana packaging and accessories. They are seeking a Director/VP of Marketing and Ecommerce to work on various corporate strategy initiatives and lead teams and processes with a particular focus on the marketing function. The ideal candidate will work to address key issues across pricing, analytics, marketing strategy, and a variety of other cross-departmental areas, in addition to managing their ecommerce team.|
- Manage all marketing operations and systems, including management processes and metrics, campaign tracking, marketing automation systems, database management, targeting and segmentation plans, ecommerce, and alignment with sales operations
- Manage, train, and lead the marketing team (currently ~20 people across design, ecommerce, and marketing)
- Lead marketing strategy, creative development, and execution for the company across all touchpoints
- Use data and analytics to answer key marketing questions across the company
- Manage external digital marketing programs and communicate business updates to the executive team
- Identify opportunities for new and effective ways to promote the company online
- Lead cross-functional teams and collaborate with key internal and external partners in order to deliver on both long- and short-term objectives and business plans
- Bachelor's Degree, required
- MBA, preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in CPG marketing, ideally with at least some B2B exposure
- Experience managing online channels (SEO, SEM, Display, Affiliate Marketing)
- Deep expertise in marketing automation, marketing analytics tools, and CRM solutions
- Entrepreneurial team player, collaborator, and influencer with proven ability to drive change through ideas
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate cross-functionally to support all aspects of the business, including (but not limited to) IT/IS, Sales, Sales Operations, and Finance
|Jan 9||Director/VP of Sales for a Packaging and Accessory Importer||Los Angeles, California||Hot|
Our client is a leading packaging and accessory importer, designer and distributor in the recreational and medical marijuana space. They are seeking a VP/Director of Sales to lead their sales team and all aspects of their continued growth. This is a fast-growing company with a steep career trajectory for the right candidate. The entire sales department will report to this candidate including inside sales, custom sales, and a new outside sales department.
|Dec 29||Human Resources Payroll Consultant for an Outsourced Business Services Firm||Folsom, California||Hot|
Our client is a unique firm that provides a wide range of outsourced business services to small businesses and start-ups. This is an exciting and fast-paced firm with an awesome culture. The company covers everything from basic bookkeeping and tax planning to forecasting/budgets to HR, legal, and acquisition work. They are seeking a Human Resources Solutions Consultant to join their finance and accounting department in Folsom, California.
- Perform client activities including processing payroll, registrations and payroll tax filings for the Human Resources and Payroll Departments
- Support and adhere to all aspects of the Human Resources and Payroll operations in a timely manner including principles, practices and procedures
- Routinely communicate with clients and staff within each organization on tasks related to Human Resources and Payroll support, including issues and deliverables
- Participate and support new and existing project initiatives from the consulting office or at client sites
- Work closely with Senior Consultants/Managers to resolve issues and ensure success
- Enter data and maintain files and records along with filing necessary reports
- Bachelor’s Degree required, studies in Human Resources, Business Consulting or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in Human Resources/Payroll
- PHR or SPHR (or other relevant professional certification) preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to make accurate arithmetic calculations and maintain moderately complex, automated records
- Ability to generate specialized computer reports and schedules
- Ability to work well under deadlines
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Enjoy working independently and in a team environment!
|Dec 19||Project Manager for a Global Compliance Advisory Firm||Los Angeles, California||Warm||Our client is a leading national and international corporate compliance monitoring firm. They focus on providing top-quality, independent integrity monitoring and assessment services across a wide range of regulated industries and professions. They are seeking an experienced Project Manager to fill an immediate vacancy leading a large engagement in Los Angeles. This could be an ideal role for a former auditor, fraud examiner, governmental project manager, or even a project manager from the management consulting world. |
- Manage and motivate large project teams working virtually from several areas of the country
- Understand complex data collection and analysis methodologies and approaches
- Plan and manage a multi-million-dollar budget and complex work plan
- Establish and maintain working relationships with stakeholders
- Write clear and convincing reports
- Multi-task on multiple projects in both leadership and line staff roles
- Conduct business development activities in Los Angeles and elsewhere
- Bachelors Degree, required
- 7+ years project management experience
- Relevant experience managing similar projects of this scale, involving both people and data management
- Experience managing remote teams
- Some travel required
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Collaborative style required
|Dec 14||Accounting Manager for an Outsourced Business Services Firm||Los Angeles, California||Hot||Our client is a unique firm that provides a wide range of outsourced business services to private businesses and nonprofit organizations. This is an exciting opportunity with a firm that has an awesome culture. The company covers everything from basic bookkeeping and tax planning to forecasting/budgets to HR, legal, and acquisition work. They are seeking two Accounting Managers for the Los Angeles area - one based in West Los Angeles and the other based in El Segundo.|
- Plan, direct and coordinate staff members to ensure high-quality finance and accounting services
- Provide technical expertise for GAAP requirements
- Perform detailed reviews of financial statements and supporting schedules
- Develop and maintain accounting systems to facilitate efficient operation
- Support business development efforts
- Guide and support new clients as well as new staff members
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required
- CPA preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, preferred
- Experience with public accounting and industry accounting, highly desired
- Experience with multiple accounting software systems
- Ability to manage and direct team members on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional writing, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
|Nov 27||Senior Manager/Director for a Boutique CPA Firm||Los Angeles, California||Cold||Our client is a fast-paced full service accounting firm that specializes in tax and financial planning services. They are seeking a Tax Senior Manager/Director that specializes in various aspects of partnership, S Corp and individual tax including real estate and venture capital ownership. The Tax Director will work directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners. This position is perfect for a person who is looking become a partner in the next 2-3 years (or soon if they enter with a book of their own business).|
This is a full-time role with a focus on flexible hours. The role is based in Westlake Village.
- Conduct day-to-day management of accounts by taking the lead role in running the client engagement and and delivering consulting and compliance tax services to the client.
- Review payroll and income tax returns, correct as needed.
- Recognize and inform partners of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Work with firm marketing resources and proposals to identify and seize new client business opportunities.
- Manage IRS/FTB audits and correspondence.
- Review and correct client bookkeeping records.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as needed.
- 10-15+ years of public accounting experience in a tax department
- CPA license, required
- Prior experience working with CCH Profx Tax Software, highly preferred
- Previous experience in a mid to large size CPA firm or a Masters of Taxation is a plus.
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, significant review experience.
- Good research and writing skills.
- Must be Tech-savvy and able to resolve basic IT issues while working in a paperless environment.
- Strong Employee Management skills needed, Previous experience in overseeing office administrative management preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Customer focused multi-tasker who takes the initiative to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
|Nov 17||VP of Marketing||Los Angeles, California||Hot|
Our client is one of the world’s leading conference producers. They are seeking a results-oriented executive with exceptional leadership skills and enthusiasm. The VP of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy, leading a high-performing team, and generating revenue. This candidate will report to the President of the company as a member of the leadership team.
The ideal candidate possesses a balanced blend of marketing-savvy strategic thinking, leadership, and operational expertise. This individual has a passion for data, metrics, and reporting, and excels in driving predictability, scalability, and efficiency.
- Manage all marketing systems, including lead management processes and metrics, campaign tracking, marketing automation systems, database management, targeting, and segmentation plans
- Develop and maintain a multi-year roadmap and strategy that ensures
best-in-class marketing and the meeting of business objectives
- Generate revenue through a variety of media
- Work closely with the leadership team in identifying and capturing growth opportunities, including participating in product development
- Actively monitor, analyze, and report on the marketing efforts' results,
program ROI, customer acquisition, and penetration
- Ensure availability and delivery of optimal marketing metrics, including
dashboards and reports to measure and track the performance of the marketing
- Provide direction and guidance to multiple marketing teams in the planning and execution of customer acquisition campaigns across key acquisition channels, including, but not limited to SEM, display/retargeting, social, mobile, affiliate, email, direct mail, print, and partner marketing
- Actively manage database strategy to analyze gaps in data, ensure data
quality, and measure overall database health
- Ensure robust cross-functional coordination and collaboration with
supporting parts of the business, including IT/IS, Sales, Sales Operations,
CRM, and Finance
- Establish and enforce standards for Success Metrics, KPIs and reporting that will provide performance analysis, ROI and insights for all channels/tactics
- Drive innovation and testing.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, or related field required, advanced degree (MBA, MS, MA, PhD) preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing, with significant exposure to B2B
- 6+ years of leadership experience
- Proven success leading teams and having revenue responsibility
- Track record of hiring, developing, and retaining strong and diverse talent
- Proven leadership skills driving collaboration and results through cross-functional teams and peers
- Analytical expertise and comfort with a large volume of client records (8mm+)
- Experience developing and managing a brand
- Ability to oversee complex initiatives and drive them to successful conclusion
- Results-oriented with the ability to manage from strategic development to detailed execution.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
|Nov 15||Sales Trainer for a Sales Consulting Firm||Los Angeles, California||Warm|
Our client specializes in sales training for salespeople and managers in a variety of industries. They implement sales development programs, best practices, sales management skills and programs to convert a service culture to a sales culture. They believe in helping their clients create a unique and positive buying experience for their customers. They seek a Sales Consultant and trainer. This person must have a strong business acumen and executive presence, as well as a client service mindset and desire to over-deliver.
- Initially conduct interviews, focus groups, and observations to learn the client’s culture, people, and processes
- Drive the development of the training curriculum
- Work with training curriculum team to craft messaging and materials to most effectively deliver sales training to their clients
- Lead and facilitate training sessions for small to large corporate audiences
- Coach and mentor participants through in-depth one-on-one and smaller group sessions
- Provide superior client follow-up and support leading up to each engagement
Required Skills and Attributes
- 8+ years training experience
- Bachelor's required; MBA or other related advanced degree(s) a plus
- Sharp intellect and the ability to be "quick on the draw"
- Ability to understand the client's IP clearly and then contribute to the IP
- Relatable professional experience
- Executive presence and charisma
- Fluent in different languages, a plus
- Must be able to travel internationally, occasionally
- Innate understanding of when to speak and how to engage the front of room
- Unmatched written and oral communication skills
|Nov 13||Principal for a Leading Charter School||Los Angeles, California||Hot||Our client is an exceptional, STEM-focused charter school in Los Angeles. They are seeking a Principal to lead their high school. The Principal manages day-to-day operations of the school, ensures that the school is in compliance with all mandatory and applicable laws, and serves as the instructional leader of the school.|
This school has produced incredible results for its students and is out-performing the majority of its peers in terms of graduation rates and post-secondary education. They are seeking a collaborative leader to continue the trajectory on, adapt to changes in technology and education policy, and bring incredible passion & enthusiasm to this role. In return, the chosen candidate will be supported with professional development, a great support team, and, of course, the joy of changing students’ lives.
- Assume primary responsibility for curriculum and instruction
- Coach and support teachers and select instructional materials
- Evaluate teachers in accordance with organizational policy
- Coordinate and oversee submission of A-G course descriptions and outlines
- Oversee WASC Accreditation, Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment (BTSA) program
- Ensure compliance and effectiveness of school’s special education programs.
- Organize parent meetings and workshops
- Supervise the school’s office staff
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Master’s degree in education, an administrative credential, or at least two years of school administrative-related experience, required
- Experience in a High School setting, required
- Strong instructional background
- Willing to help teach as needed such as during summer school, Saturday school, after school, during school breaks, and/or during the regular school day
- Fluent in Spanish, highly preferred
- Incredibly positive attitude and interest in leading a highly collaborative team
- Strong experience working in urban settings and/or close ties to South Central Los Angeles a plus
|Nov 9||Account Executive for a Tax Consulting Firm||Los Angeles, California||Hot|
Our client is a growing tax consulting firm specializing in tax saving opportunities associated with research and experimentation credits. They are seeking a driven, independent and detail-oriented Account Executive who will aid their growing sales team. Their product represents a win-win for their clients, so they boast a nearly 80% close rate with prospective clients… interested candidates should be excited by that prospect and motivated to put in the time and energy to build client relationships quickly.
- Source leads and connections in order to sell the firm's services
- Constantly research new companies and contacts in order to expand the firm's client base
- Attend networking events and conferences and constantly be "out and about" with a sales mindset
- Create referral networks with other professional service providers to share business leads
- Manage sales process from start to finish
- 6+ years of sales experience
- Proven track record of sales success
- Experience in this industry, a plus (but not required)
- Accounting experience or acumen, a plus
- Experience in manufacturing and technology, a plus
- Salesforce experience
- An active member of the community with diverse business skills and broad network
- Ability to work independently
|Nov 9||Finance Analyst for a Mission-Driven Organization||Los Angeles, CA||Hot|
Our client is a fast-growing, mission-driven organization and the premier provider of professional business and consulting services and software/data solutions to not-for-profit charter schools in California and several other states. They are seeking a School Finance Analyst to, in partnership with the accounting team, help prepare monthly financials statements, including YTD income statements, cash flow statements, and variance analysis for clients. They are hiring this role in both Los Angeles and Emeryville.
|Nov 9||Assistant Principal/Principal for a Charter School||Los Angeles, CA||Hot|
Our client sits at the forefront of public education reform as a leading public charter schools operator and an important catalyst for education reform across the country. This non-profit organization works directly with school districts to transform failing high schools and middle schools into small groups of successful schools, with an aim to help the district reinvent them into the most successful districts in the country.