Area : Los Angeles, California
Description : Our client is a fast-paced full service accounting firm that specializes in tax and financial planning services. They are seeking a Tax Senior Manager/Director that specializes in various aspects of partnership, S Corp and individual tax including real estate and venture capital ownership. The Tax Director will work directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners. This position is perfect for a person who is looking become a partner in the next 2-3 years (or soon if they enter with a book of their own business).
This is a full-time role with a focus on flexible hours. The role is based in Westlake Village.
- Conduct day-to-day management of accounts by taking the lead role in running the client engagement and and delivering consulting and compliance tax services to the client.
- Review payroll and income tax returns, correct as needed.
- Recognize and inform partners of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Work with firm marketing resources and proposals to identify and seize new client business opportunities.
- Manage IRS/FTB audits and correspondence.
- Review and correct client bookkeeping records.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as needed.
- 10-15+ years of public accounting experience in a tax department
- CPA license, required
- Prior experience working with CCH Profx Tax Software, highly preferred
- Previous experience in a mid to large size CPA firm or a Masters of Taxation is a plus.
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, significant review experience.
- Good research and writing skills.
- Must be Tech-savvy and able to resolve basic IT issues while working in a paperless environment.
- Strong Employee Management skills needed, Previous experience in overseeing office administrative management preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Customer focused multi-tasker who takes the initiative to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Published : Nov 27, 2017