Area : Los Angeles, California
Description : Our client is an exceptional, STEM-focused charter school in Los Angeles. They are seeking a Principal to lead their high school. The Principal manages day-to-day operations of the school, ensures that the school is in compliance with all mandatory and applicable laws, and serves as the instructional leader of the school.
This school has produced incredible results for its students and is out-performing the majority of its peers in terms of graduation rates and post-secondary education. They are seeking a collaborative leader to continue the trajectory on, adapt to changes in technology and education policy, and bring incredible passion & enthusiasm to this role. In return, the chosen candidate will be supported with professional development, a great support team, and, of course, the joy of changing students’ lives.
- Assume primary responsibility for curriculum and instruction
- Coach and support teachers and select instructional materials
- Evaluate teachers in accordance with organizational policy
- Coordinate and oversee submission of A-G course descriptions and outlines
- Oversee WASC Accreditation, Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment (BTSA) program
- Ensure compliance and effectiveness of school’s special education programs.
- Organize parent meetings and workshops
- Supervise the school’s office staff
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Master’s degree in education, an administrative credential, or at least two years of school administrative-related experience, required
- Experience in a High School setting, required
- Strong instructional background
- Willing to help teach as needed such as during summer school, Saturday school, after school, during school breaks, and/or during the regular school day
- Fluent in Spanish, highly preferred
- Incredibly positive attitude and interest in leading a highly collaborative team
- Strong experience working in urban settings and/or close ties to South Central Los Angeles a plus
Published : Nov 13, 2017