Area : Los Angeles, California
Our client is a fast-growing, mission-driven organization and the premier provider of professional business and consulting services and software/data solutions to not-for-profit charter schools in California and several other states.
They seek a Business Manager for their Los Angeles office to work in partnership with a Client Manager to assist multiple charter school clients with their compliance and fiscal management. Together, both roles work with school leadership to provide advice on strategic business decisions, help the school understand charter school finance, facilitate multi-year budget planning, and prepare monthly financial statements and analyses for use at school board meetings and in management decision making.
This is a full-time flexible role.
- Manage compliance reporting by ensuring that all school reports and disclosures comply with applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies.
- Prepare budgets, monthly financial statements, including YTD income statements, cash flow statements, and variance analysis (including payroll) for 4-5 school clients.
- Serve as a secondary contact person for 4-5 school clients, supporting the Client Manager.
- Engage in frequent communication with clients, charter school boards, the CDE and other state and government agencies.
- Analyze, model, and solve problems for clients on a wide range of business issues.
- Lead special projects including but not limited to drafting charter renewals, implementing budget model improvements, and updating charter school manuals.
- 2 to 5 years of work experience, preferably within finance or operations - education experience a plus
- Financial analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong MS Excel skills and financial modeling a plus
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough, detail-oriented and quality-conscious individual who can balance multiple assignments
- Ability to travel occasionally and work non-standard hours to attend evening board meetings, etc.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and roll-up-sleeves mentality a must
Published : Jun 28, 2018